After the Covid-19 pandemic, technologies have revolutionized the way to interact. Almost everything is online there are degree/classroom programs for school and college students, video conferences and online meetings are common, and remote working came into the picture, and it became a trend.
Today, Internet of Things (IoT) connected gadgets enhance communication with new and better means to work more efficiently. In addition, the Travel industry is booming at once i.e., now how Hotel Technology Trends are transforming the way to get in touch with hotel technology in 2023.
The growth of luxury hotels is rising with time due to technological innovation. Here are the Top 11 technology trends to watch out let’s explore each of them one by one.
VR stands for virtual reality; it is a game-changer in technology. The most renowned survey reports say that VR is today’s largest growing new technology for the hotel industry, with 57.4 million users in the US. Along with augmented reality, VR lets guests virtually experience a real-looking 3D recreation of luxurious hotel rooms and discover nearby sightseeing.
Here you also need to know: What is Augmented Reality (AR)?
In simple words, AR is mixing digital information with the user’s surroundings in real time.
Using Virtual reality hotel technology, you can showcase your hotel’s rooms, excellent amenities, and fantastic views. VR is brilliant for weddings and parties. That’s how you can provide possible customers an overview of what they’re losing if they don’t book. You can even use this technology in your marketing campaigns so that your visitors can imagine staying at your hotel. This is how hotels get an advantage by trying before you buy a scheme of marketing.
Now, one of the Hotel Technology Trends online travel agents (OTA’s) is expanding its reach worldwide. OTA’s spreading in different apartments and vacation rentals, food delivery, ride-sharing, restaurants, and activities/tours.
Also, one of the popular hotel data showcases that 51.5% of travel agents saw a boost in the number of clients in the last two years. OTA’s also profit more from travel niche markets such as culinary and wedding events. Online Travel agents will keep on widening their role in travel in the future.
A new technology for the hotel industry to watch in 2023 is what is called keyless technology. Plastic keys have become an old technique these days. Now it’s a time of newly digitally encrypted keyless entry, the key that exists on a particular hotel app on your customer’s mobile and tablet. Most of the hotels globally are moving to this technology.
Here are the plus points you must know about – What can keyless technology do for your hotel?
- Simplify Ease of use
- You can get additional security for visitors
- Improve your visitor’s experience when they stay with you
- Increase visitor loyalty as well as raise your probability of returning guests
- It provides a user-friendly option for your hotel visitors
- Hi-tech environment/user-friendly rooms: – A Hi-tech smart room is a hotel room that is highly set with multiple types of tech tools as per the guest’s convenience and comfort.
- Room lights that can be controlled by voice and mobile apps, for example:-virtual assistants like Amazon Alexa, Google Siri
- Temperature control system
- Smart TV
- The auto-scan QR code communication system, just like Crave, let the room visitors to text, talk, and video chat with hotel workers.
- Automatic curtains
- Water conservation gadget
- Smart mirrors: – These come together with a TV display plus a guest room mirror. At the time of brushing their teeth, guests can check the weather and news updates and request service.
- Solar panels
- Recycle linens
- Artificial Intelligence (AI):- Artificial Intelligence is the methodology of training the computer (machine) with the help of Machine Learning (ML) with bundles of similar examples as humans do. AI can do almost every task automatically and much faster than humans. Forex: – price forecasting and better predictions through historical data. Thus, hotel managers can save money, make no more human mistakes, and give improved service.
- Chatbots: – Chatbots are a kind of digital tool that replies smartly to the user by understanding their queries. In short, it is an application builds up with a combination of AI and ML to answer users’ real-time questions while surfing different platforms on the internet. Even when the staff is not available online, provide them with the relevant information as per their queries.
It’s a 24/7 customer support service; hence when a guest wants to clarify something, even at late midnight, you don’t have to worry about anything. Therefore this hotel technology also decreases the burden on customer support staff.
Robotics: – It is what is called the major backbone of the hotel industry in 2023 and beyond. Modern robots can be mainly divided into two types autonomous and semi-autonomous and programmed AI and Speech recognition technology. It may say that most robots perform specific tasks like industrial robots. For example: – humanoid robots work as check-in robots at hotels/restaurants or disinfection robots for cleaning/sanitizing departments, as well as delivery robots guarantee contactless food supplies in cafes.
Autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) are handy for taking orders to the tables and also for cleaning empty plates from the tables. The AMRs comprise 2 types of models, namely Servi and Servi mini. The robots can able to serve various food trays, heavy drink orders, bussing tables, etc. This lets the hotel workers focus more on the visitor’s experience. Also, a futuristic robot similar to YOTEL’s YO2D2 does instant deliveries.
Motion Sensors: – Hotels be capable of preserving energy by using motion sensors that will turn off the power when no motion has been sensed for a particular time duration.
- Unique optional accommodations
- Underwater Hotels/Restaurants: – This technology could be a great attraction for those visitors who are nature lovers, like swimming, and enjoy marine life and coral reefs. Get up close glimpse of marine life at an underwater hotel such as Conrad Maldives Rangali Island.
- AirBnB: – Well-known booking website started as a means to rent a room in someone else’s house for a night. At present, it comprises hotel rooms, castles, tree houses, and much more. Recent additions to the website consist of adventure travel, hotel inventory, tours, and activities.
- Mobile Hotels: – A new technology for the hotel industry is nothing else but a self-driving hotel room on wheels. However, this technology is still in the conceptual phase. It can be a great scheme for the business traveler.
- Coliving:– Forex:- Roam brand is a community intended for its residents to share living spaces and workspaces with a similar goal. Coliving may be an ideal fit for solo travelers and remote workers.
- Alternative Hotel technology
- Metasearch Booking:- The booking system is not only useful for customers. But also a beneficial marketing tool for hoteliers who can bid for better visibility and get direct bookings. Such as metasearch channels i.e, Trivago, etc.
- Translation Apps: – These Apps are sometimes a good pick for international travel. As the number of international visitors increases so there might be chances of getting mislaid in translation. Train your hotel team with these tools to translate spoken words/text directly.
- Sustainability: – Some startups are contributing to providing sustainability solutions to know as well as decrease carbon footprint (The quantity of carbon dioxide released into the atmosphere).Let travelers book reservations at sustainable hotels also to gain carbon offsets at the time of their check out. Furthermore, their software IMPPACT includes a carbon footprint calculating engine (CFC) along with potential sustainable activities for reducing the effect of carbon footprint.
The start-up even supplies eco-friendly items to restaurants/hotels as an option to replace single-use plastic stuff. Such as biodegradable knives, forks, spoons and vanity sets, bamboo combs, reusable laundry bags, and more. These products as a result allow hotels to lessen their plastic waste production.
Conclusion: – So in this Article, you see how Hotel Technology Trends plays a significant role in the development of hotel and restaurants. These are just a few of the trends you have much more to cover. Technologyhasmade customers’ lives much easier and most hotels also provide emergency services. The hotel staff is continuously evolving to meet the requirements of guests and try to avail them of personalized experiences. Even new technology for the hotel industry in some way offers a next-level reach to working people or businessmen. Hotel technology might bring modern changes to the hospitality industry in the future.